ABOUT ME...

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
I am told dat i shud hav been born a princess. And that pretty much describes me..I hav an eye for beauty & perfection, creativity & compassion..I like to laze around for hours walking in solitude, mindless of the ever-ticking clock of life and love to rejoice in the beauty of nature! Life for me in only about LIVING and thus, little do I care about too many other things...

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Let us try & understand...

This is a re-cap of my feelings as an Oil PSU officer post Jan 2009 strike:


With all of us blaming the striking officers, has someone really gone beyond the inconvenience caused due to the strike or disruptions in our otherwise so comfortable, routine bound lives to really understand the reasons behind this extreme step?

Have we ever thought of how each of those officers wud be feeling right now..do we know that the strike was proposed in November 08 and had been deferred several times (once bcoz of the terrorist attacks on Mumbai) by OSOA on Governments assurance time in and again to re-look into the deamands put by them?

 Are we actually behaving as responsible citizens by hating or cursing a set of people whose problems are not even known to us..is this what the young and democratic India is all about??

Did we notice that while media went all out to report/ cover all ministers comfortably blaming the "striking officers" & the gung ho raised by the so called "Aam Junta", how many news channels did actually report the point wise demands made by OSOA???

Is not this just one side of the story??

I'm an officer with one of these companies and have tears in my eyes everytime i switch on the TV or read the anger/expressed by my country mates against us.

Let us at least try and understand the underlying need to take this EXTREME STEP...Letz b responsible enough to be informed and then judge..

No comments:

Post a Comment